Waterford Big Fish Rodeo
Waterford Resident Only, Kidz – 16 and under
April 30th (09:00 – 12:00), Registration begins at 9:00
Prize for heaviest fish per species
Catch, Weigh and Release!
Please volunteer to help the kids and enjoy!
Rules and Regulations for Big Fish Rodeo
1. Have Fun, obey the below rules and help make this an annual event for our Waterford kids!
2. Participants must be 16 years old or younger and must be family member of Waterford resident to participate.
3. Prizes awarded for the single heaviest LIVE fish from these 4 species: bass, bream, catfish or crappy. Also, prize given for Top Female and Top Male fisherman based on overall number caught and recorded by Weight Master.
4. Any type of rod/reel, cane pole, crappie pole is allowed. Either live bait or artificial is allowed. State fishing laws will apply.
5. All fish entered must be caught in the Waterford Pond on rodeo day and within the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please bring your own container to transport your live fish to a weighing official who will be in the area. DO NOT USE FISH STRINGERS TO TRANSPORT AS IT COULD HARM THE FISH WHICH YOU WILL SOON RELEASE. Only live fish will be recorded so please handle the fish with care and remove the hook without injury.
6. Before fishing, every angler must register at the designated registration table. Anglers are expected to exercise courtesy at all times toward fellow anglers. Evidence of poor sportsmanship will be cause for disqualification. Anglers “should” be under the supervision of an adult to assist with teaching, removal of fish, etc.
7. NO fishing from boat or other floating apparatus. No fishing on Private Property.
8. Time will go by the OFFICIAL CLOCK at the Weigh Master station.
9. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in wins. All fish must be released after being recorded by a Weigh Master or designated representative.
10. Food and Drinks will be available.
11. Thanks for supporting the Waterford Fishing program which includes fish stocking each year.
12. Please dispose of your trash and Good Luck!
NOTE: Any Bass over 3lbs may be kept by the angler during this Rodeo only.
Remember bulk pickup is for single family residential areas only. Only one trip is made through the neighborhood. Items must be at curbside (not in the road) by 7 a.m. on the Monday of the week you are scheduled for pickup.
Please visit the Village of Clemmons website for a list of items that can and cannot be picked up.
Join us for the annual Easter Egg Hunt
Date: Saturday, March 19
Time: 11:00 A.M.
Location: Waterford Pool
Plans Include lots of candy filled eggs, prizes in specially marked eggs ($5 gift cards for Sweet Frog), bottled water, candy bowl…and of course an appearance by the Easter Bunny!
Be sure to bring your basket and smile!
Just a reminder, we will be holding our information session for HOA dues on this Wednesday, January 6th at 7PM in the Clemmons library community room. Join us to discuss the options being considered and to have your questions answered.
November is the last limb pick-up until March of 2016. The West Side pick up is scheduled for the first full week of November. The East Side pick up is scheduled for the second full week of the month. Limb pick up will resume in March 2016.
Homeowners (21 and over) are invited to come socialize with your neighbors! You should also receive an Evite by email.