The HOA Board would like to invite you to attend a special dinner on this date and time at the Waterford Pool. This invite is for HOA members and family. RSVP is required so that we can plan for proper amount of food for all. Bring your swim trunks as Pool will be open!
The theme dinner this year will be Low Country Boil and the pool will also be open to all HOA members only. No Pool membership is required!
Friday, May 15, 2015 • 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Hosted by Waterford HOA Board
Waterford Pool, Clemmons, NC 27012
IMPORTANT: WE sent this invite out to Waterford Resident’s email addresses that were registered off our Waterford Website. You must register your family to be able to receive these invites and to be able to RSVP into the system. If you have reasons that prevent you from registering and you want to be able to RSVP, send me your email address and I will send out an invite” email@example.com
Waterford Big Fish Rodeo
Waterford Resident Only, Kidz – 16 and under
May 2nd (09:30 – 12:30), Registration begins at 9:00
Prize for heaviest fish per species
Catch, Weigh and Release!
Please volunteer to help the kids and enjoy!
Rules and Regulations for Kids Big Fish Rodeo
1. Have Fun, obey the below rules and help make this an annual event for our Waterford kids!
2. Participants must be 16 years old or younger and must be family member of Waterford resident to participate. Prizes awarded for the single heaviest LIVE fish from these 5 species: bass, bream, catfish, crappie or Carp.
3. Any type of rod/reel, cane pole, crappie pole is allowed. Either live bait or artificial is allowed. State fishing laws will apply where applicable.
4. All fish entered must be caught in the Waterford Pond on rodeo day and within the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Please bring your own container to transport your live fish to a weighing official who will be in the area. DO NOT USE FISH STRINGERS TO TRANSPORT AS IT COULD HARM THE FISH WHICH YOU WILL SOON RELEASE. Only live fish will be recorded so please handle the fish with care and remove the hook without injury.
5. Before fishing, every angler must register at the designated registration table. Anglers are expected to exercise courtesy at all times toward fellow anglers. Evidence of poor sportsmanship will be cause for disqualification. Anglers “should” be under the supervision of an adult to assist with teaching, removal of fish, etc.
6. This is a bank fishing only event and anglers must be visible to the Weigh Master station. NO fishing from boat or other floating apparatus or from wooded area across the pond. No fishing on Private Property.
7. Time will go by the OFFICIAL CLOCK at the Weigh Master station.
8. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in wins. There are no limitations on rod weight or strength of line in any category. All fish must be released after being recorded by a Weigh Master.
9. Food and Drinks will be available for purchase, all proceeds to support the prizes given and management of our Waterford Fishing program which includes stocking each year.
10. Please dispose of your trash and Good Luck!
Exception: Any Bass over 3lbs may be kept by the angler during this Rodeo only.
Your HOA board has approved for our Waterford pond to be closed for fishing during Mar 20th – May 3rd. During this period, there will be activities around the pond to include clean-up of the common area, installation of benches, and startup of our newly created fishing program. This program will include an annual fish stocking of the pond, with release of Bass, Bream and Catfish. During this period, we ask that you assist us by protecting their environment to allow for stress free acclimation and the natural spring spawning to occur, to include notification to the Board through email, phone or Facebook page, if you see anyone fishing during this restricted period.
Our new program will also introduce an annual “Kids” fishing tournament that will become a day to remember in our Waterford community! This program will introduce a “Catch and Release” policy to all fisherman, which we ask that all fisherman be Waterford residents or guests and that they immediately return fish back into the water. Catch and Release means that no fish are to be taken from the pond area, and we ask that all residents help enforce these policies. We will post new signs around the pond reminding fisherman of the Catch and Release policy.
Please share this policy with your children and other members of your family.
This year’s Kids fishing tournament will be on Sat May 2nd and we are looking for volunteers to make this a huge success. We will have prizes, food and drinks with details to follow. If you are able to volunteer for either to participate in our Fishing Program or with the fishing tournament, please contact our HOA board ASAP.
The pond will officially open back up on the 3rd of May or after the tournament is over. For this program to be a success, we need your support!
Sincerely, Waterford Home Owners Board
The 2015 pickup has been scheduled to begin March 16, 2015
Public Works schedules their annual bulk pickup in spring. The village is divided into two areas. The area west of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (our side) will be picked up the week of March 16th.