Waterford residents are welcome to participate in the annual Waterford Neighborhood Yard sale on March 17 and 18. No extra signage will be needed by you as the HOA will be placing them on all approaches. The bulky item pick-up will be the following week so you/ll be able to leave those items that you don’t want on the curb. Pick-up is March 19th.
By RoniqueGibson March 1, 2011 in Decorating Ideas
Spring is right around the corner, and for most home owners it’s an exciting time to get your home ready. In the winter time, many portions of your home are neglected or aren’t used as often because of home owners staying inside their homes. From the interiors of your home to the exterior, getting your home ready for spring will ensure you’ll be ready to enjoy the warmer weather once it hits. Space out your maintenance tips and by time spring is here, you will be able to enjoy the season!
Start on your exterior: The outside of your home has taken more wear and tear from the harsh winter, than the interior so start here. Walk around your home and examine caulking around windows and doors, as well as open windows and doors and look at weather stripping. Replace old or cracking caulk and replace weather stripping. Inspect the roof for broken or missing shingles, or tiles, and clean out gutters and downspouts at the same time.
Landscaping tips: While it may not be time for you to start planting flowers and watering your lawn, it isn’t too early to ensure you will have ready your garden hoses, walkways, and adjacent areas to your landscaping. Replace cracked or old garden hoses, and rake away leaves, tree limbs and debris from sidewalks, plant beds and surrounding areas. If you no longer have snow in your area, now is a good time to start planning out your spring landscaping ideas and lawn care maintenance regimen. Pressure wash concrete and paver areas that have become dirty and power wash vinyl siding, brick walls and vertical surfaces on your home if need be.
Check your interior systems: The fall and spring are the two most important times to review your home’s major HVAC – heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems. Right before the harsh climatic changes are going to occur. Ensure air filters have been replaced or cleaned and stock up on new air filters if you use disposable one. Check your air conditioner before the summer to ensure it is in good working order. If you need to have a service person look at it now, it will be a lot less expensive than 3 months from now.
Interior spring cleaning: By now your windows – inside and out could use a cleaning. You will be surprised how much you can see out your windows, once they are cleaned. Clean off ceiling fans, and clean out fireplaces from use over the winter. Test your emergency systems in your home: home alarm, smoke fire alarm, fire extinguisher, and carbon monoxide alarms to ensure they are working properly. Most home owners forget to test these regularly; fall and spring maintenance time is a perfect opportunity to ensure they’re in good working order.
Preparing your home for the spring is rewarding now, and 3 months from now! Your home goes through changes as it ages, and climatic conditions change. Spring maintenance is a good idea for everyone, and even more important if you’re considering putting your home on the market soon. Home buyers want to ensure that all systems have been well attended and taken care of before buying a home. If you’re concerned you will miss something, hire a professional home inspector – they will cover the entire home from top to bottom. What are you waiting for? Get started, the warm weather is on its way!
Waterford Big Fish Rodeo
Waterford Resident Only, Kidz – 16 and under
April 30th (09:00 – 12:00), Registration begins at 9:00
Prize for heaviest fish per species
Catch, Weigh and Release!
Please volunteer to help the kids and enjoy!
Rules and Regulations for Big Fish Rodeo
1. Have Fun, obey the below rules and help make this an annual event for our Waterford kids!
2. Participants must be 16 years old or younger and must be family member of Waterford resident to participate.
3. Prizes awarded for the single heaviest LIVE fish from these 4 species: bass, bream, catfish or crappy. Also, prize given for Top Female and Top Male fisherman based on overall number caught and recorded by Weight Master.
4. Any type of rod/reel, cane pole, crappie pole is allowed. Either live bait or artificial is allowed. State fishing laws will apply.
5. All fish entered must be caught in the Waterford Pond on rodeo day and within the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please bring your own container to transport your live fish to a weighing official who will be in the area. DO NOT USE FISH STRINGERS TO TRANSPORT AS IT COULD HARM THE FISH WHICH YOU WILL SOON RELEASE. Only live fish will be recorded so please handle the fish with care and remove the hook without injury.
6. Before fishing, every angler must register at the designated registration table. Anglers are expected to exercise courtesy at all times toward fellow anglers. Evidence of poor sportsmanship will be cause for disqualification. Anglers “should” be under the supervision of an adult to assist with teaching, removal of fish, etc.
7. NO fishing from boat or other floating apparatus. No fishing on Private Property.
8. Time will go by the OFFICIAL CLOCK at the Weigh Master station.
9. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in wins. All fish must be released after being recorded by a Weigh Master or designated representative.
10. Food and Drinks will be available.
11. Thanks for supporting the Waterford Fishing program which includes fish stocking each year.
12. Please dispose of your trash and Good Luck!
NOTE: Any Bass over 3lbs may be kept by the angler during this Rodeo only.
Remember bulk pickup is for single family residential areas only. Only one trip is made through the neighborhood. Items must be at curbside (not in the road) by 7 a.m. on the Monday of the week you are scheduled for pickup.
Please visit the Village of Clemmons website for a list of items that can and cannot be picked up.
Join us for the annual Easter Egg Hunt
Date: Saturday, March 19
Time: 11:00 A.M.
Location: Waterford Pool
Plans Include lots of candy filled eggs, prizes in specially marked eggs ($5 gift cards for Sweet Frog), bottled water, candy bowl…and of course an appearance by the Easter Bunny!
Be sure to bring your basket and smile!
Homeowners (21 and over) are invited to come socialize with your neighbors! You should also receive an Evite by email.